When consumers search for products and services, business owners hope that their target audience will find them first and not their competitors. Well, let us help you. You can do several things to increase your website’s organic traffic.
1. Optimize Website and Content for Visitors, Not for Search Engines
Before you write content for your website, ensure that you know your buyer personas or target audience. It is crucial to know them to ensure that you are addressing your content to the right people. If you create content that is relevant to your target audience, your SEO will naturally improve.
Determine what your target audience searches for and what keywords they use. If you optimize your website for the search engine alone, you will have useless keywords and irrelevant content for your target audience.
If you can please your target audience, there’s a great possibility that you will satisfy the search engines.
2. Post Content Regularly
Although you need to post regularly, please do not do it for the sake of posting. You have to create high-quality content to attract more visitors. Poorly-written, promotional, or spammy content will harm your website more than good. Thus, it is best to create relevant content and have a posting schedule.
3. Monitor and Revise Non-Performing Content
You have to determine which of your content is best-performing in traffic, keyword ranking, conversions, and backlinks. It is best to run a website audit to assess your content’s performance.
Non-performing content will use up crawl budget. The crawl budget is quite limited, and if your website has several non-performing contents, it will crawl ineffective content and disregard crawling the high-performing content.
Continuously monitor your content by conducting an audit every few months. Knowing their performance will ensure that you have optimized its organic traffic performance, and no non-performing content is negatively affecting your website.
4. Use Long-Tailed Keywords
One of the common mistakes of web owners or content writers is using the most popular or generic keyword in the niche. Use more specific keywords that are related to your product or service. Over time, the search engines will determine your website or blog as the destination for that particular subject.
If Google can identify your website, your webpage will have a higher search ranking. Your target audience can easily find you.
Higher ranking on Google search engine is about having an influence on a specific niche topic. Like this article, we aim to influence our audience to learn how to increase their website’s organic traffic.
5. Look for New Keyword Strategy
Since we have discussed how blogging and specific or long-tailed keywords help your website’s rank– you need to have a keyword strategy.
Creating content is a time-consuming and resource-draining activity, and its results take longer than other marketing strategies like paid ads. However, paying attention to your blogs will guarantee you real and organic traffic. Here’s how you can increase your organic traffic with content creation:
1. Create a list of your target keywords and categorize them into two: transactional intent and information intent.
2. If you do not have a list of your target keywords, it is time to use a keyword research tool.
3. After you have the list, sort them by volume, pain point, and buyer persona. It will help you identify which keyword is mostly searched by your target audience.
4. Check your competitor’s keywords. You can check which of their keywords are in higher ranks. It is your discernment if you want to go with it or not.
5. Create a content calendar with your list of keywords.
Remember: Your content is a crucial factor for funnel and B2B marketing strategy. Moreover, it will only drive organic traffic if it answers or provides the information your target audience needs.
6. Make Use of Website Structure
Your website structure plays a critical factor in how crawlers can access your website and how your human audience can easily navigate and engage with it. If you have a confusing website structure, website crawlers do not know which of your posts or webpages is essential to your website.
The same with your target audience; if they cannot easily find the information they need, it will cause them to bounce from your website. As a result, your website will send negative ranking feedback to search engines, and it will affect your SERP ranking.
Site links or links of subpages that appear on the results page will give your target audience more chances to click through your page. However, site links are not guaranteed; Google only rewards them to websites with an organized website structure.
You can improve your website structure by giving it a defined logical flow of URLs. It should move from domain to category, to subcategory. Keep these principles to improve your website’s structure:
1. If you have a large site, you need to organize your pages into categories and subcategories.
2. Implement a shallow navigation structure, wherein your web visitor can quickly discover all your pages because they are close to the domain page.
3. Pay attention to your internal linking structures. Web crawlers need links to hop from one page to another and from site to site. If some of your pages lack links, it may be uncrawlable. Check if your website has dead-end pages.
4. Add a sitemap. The sitemap.xml file will help the crawlers determine an essential webpage of your website. It will identify the ones that will appear in site links. You can add a sitemap to your Google Search Console account.
7. Aim for Featured Snippets
Although fewer users may visit your website because of the featured snippets and knowledge graph, it is not something you should be worried about. Experts found out that if your webpage appears on Google’s featured snippet, your organic traffic increases.
Thus, smart website structure, content, and featured snippet are the key to increasing organic traffic. Gaining the featured snippet pushes the results of your competitors down, gaining more exposure for your brand.
1. Identify keywords that gains featured snippet result. A snippet-friendly keyword phrase usually answers the questions what, why, or how.
2. Use high-quality and SEO-optimized images. Featured snippets include a picture in your content.
3. Drive clicks from the snippet by making a step-by-step format. Take the image as an example. It talks about 9 tips on how to rank in Google featured snippets, and the writer formatted the answers in steps to show it on the snippet.
If you do not gain the spot for a featured snippet, do not be discouraged. Continue applying these techniques to improve the performance of your content. Make your website more crawlable by the search engine and shareable by your audience.
Aim for Long-Term Benefits
If you have tried several methods and there’s minimal to no change, do not be discouraged. Each market and business website has an approach to increasing organic growth.
Moreover, if the organic traffic starts growing, do not sleep on it. Continuously monitor and revise the methods to keep your competitors at bay and maintain your competitive edge. Take turns in experimenting with the 7 ways until you find the best approach that can help your traffic grow and stabilize.
Do you think your website could be doing better?
Book in a 10 Minute Quick Chat now